1.9.09

Another Run, Another Bike Ride

I went for a run at lunch time today to see how the groin strain is holding up. I managed a 4.5 mile circuit at 7 mins 54 secs per mile pace. Not too bad. My leg feels a bit sore though. Hopefully they will be ok by tomorrow. Also went for a vigorous 22 mile bike ride yesterday. It started well. For the first 20 mins I was doing 25 mph flying down the A10 feeling great. It was only later I realised that I had benefited from a good tail wind. After a few more miles I got to the bad news. I had a 6.5 mile slog into a ridiculously strong head wind across the fens with absolutely no protection from hedges or whatever. Nightmare!!. I felt like I was actually moving backwards. Anyway by the end of the ride I had averaged 18.8mph over the 22 miles. I'll take that for now but I'd like to be able to sustain a 20+ mph average in the future. It's all good fun and good exercise. Counting the days to the Great North Run now. 19 days to go.....GULP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment