17.4.10

Wonder Stuff Gig - Shepherds Bush Empire

Almost a year on from last years epic 20th anniversary of the first Wonder Stuff album "The Eight Legged Groove Machine" we were back to the Shepherds Bush Empire for the 20th anniversary of the "Hup" album. The band was the same line up as last time. There are only 2 original members but the new line up manage to bring back to life all the classic hits.


Jill and I went to Pizza Express before the gig and who should walk in but Malc Treece (the Wonder Stuff guitar  player for the benefit of those who wouldn't know). I didn't want to hassle him but after we'd finished our Pizza I went over and shook his hand and wished him well for the gig. He was very friendly and down to earth. Good man!.


The gig was fantastic. They raced through the Hup album using a new running order for the album that Miles explained was the way he'd always wanted the tracks to appear. The songs sounded great. The second half of the gig was loads of great songs from their back catalogue including such classics as "Here Comes Everyone", "Mission Drive", "Caught in my Shadow", "On the Ropes", "Unbearable" and many more. They played for a little under 2 hours. The atmosphere was great although I have to say that the gig the previous year was more electric. I think the people around us weren't getting into it with the same enthusiasm as Jill and I.


The only sour note for me was that someone stole my T-shirt. I bought a new T-Shirt at the gig and took off my T-Shirt that I'd bought at last years gig. By the end of the night when the lights went up my T-Shirt had vanished. How annoying. Anyway a great night and great to meet Malc Treece in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment