15.11.09

Parrot MKi9200 Car Kit

Hi there good people of the Internet. I have great news to share with you all. For some time now I have been getting along very nicely with a VW iPod kit in my VW Passat to use with my good old trusty 4th Gen iPod. However since Spotify came out for the iPhone and I signed up for Spotify Premium I have been wanting to play my Spotify music in the car. But how? What would be the best way? As soon as you plug a dock connector into your iPhone it only wants to use the native "iPod" app. I needed another way. A method that used no cables. And then I discovered the Parrot MKi9200. What a beauty!!  Let me tell you what it can do for me. First of all it's a wonderful bluetooth car kit that sync's my iPhone contacts list so that I can call people easily and receive calls. Nothing that clever there really but I've never had a car kit before so I find it exciting. Anyway I can also use voice tags to call, reject incoming calls or hang up. My iPhone 3G does not have this function. Then I can do bluetooth media streaming so I can choose to use the iPod app or the Spotify app from my iPhone. Both work great. Additionally I could put music on an SD card and insert that into the display screen. The device also has a cable in the glove box with 3 adapters on it. One is an iPhone connector so that when I'm using the iPod app I have full control over its features from the MKi9200. Album artwork, picking the music I want, track skipping, volume etc. Or I could use the standard headphone jack adapter to plug in any MP3 player that is not clever enough to have bluetooth or I could use the USB adapter and plug a USB memory stick in that happens to have a bunch of music on it. So any music listening option is possible really. The device also has themes and other customisations to personalise it. I'm well suited. It's perfect. I bought mine from Halfords which whilst far from the cheapest place to buy it was very convenient and they fitted the device for free. If, like me, you love to have your music in the car and want a device that makes that very simple whilst providing a great range of methods for listening you can't go wrong with the MKi9200. Buy one today!! Treat yourself for Christmas. That's what I did.

3 comments:

  1. Just had a MKI9200 professionally installed. Two issues - 1. The dual mic's were installed on the rear view mirror. People on the other end of the call think I'm talking in a tunnel, 2. To listen to phone calls you have to turn the audio/radio volume up high. When you end the call the radio turns back on leaving you with "very" loud music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say "professionally installed".....:)

    My mic's are on the steering column and work beautifully. As for the radio volume I don't even turn the radio on to use the MKi9200. It's not necessary. I guess that's because it comes with its own amp. Therefore the sound level is the same for hearing calls or for listening to music. I'd go back and ask them to sort it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave - did your 4th generation Ipod work with the Parrot MKi9200? The Parrot website says only from 5th generation on.

    ReplyDelete