28.8.09

Cycling into a strong headwind

So I cycled to work today, ladies and gentlemen, in my lovely new cycling bib shorts, my US Postal Team cycling Jersey and my lovely clip in racing shoes feeling very much the true professional. However after about 0.5 mile I became very aware that the wind was very strongly blowing back in my face (this seemed to persist for more or less the whole journey) and, perhaps not suprisingly, this makes the task of cycling very much harder. Suffice to say I was knackered in no time and could not sustain a very good average speed. It was embarrassing to be wearing all of the flash gear and yet cycling at the speed of an old woman out for a gentle mooch on her push bike on a Sunday morning. Let's hope the journey home has a wonderful tail wind so that I can feel like Lance Armstrong instead. Here's hoping!!

2 comments:

  1. You're better than Lance Armstrong any day and better looking.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. But is he even better than Lance's brother Neil???

    ReplyDelete