27.8.09

Holidays in Devon

Well I've nearly been back at work for a week now since returning from a 2 week break in Devon with my family. We had a great time. I love Devon. It's very beautiful and I enjoy the rolling hills. Living in Cambridge (as I do!) the landscape is very flat and bland. Fen land as far as the eye can see. But Devon with its hills, rivers, coastal scenes and so forth is a joy. My kids absolutely loved the place and want us to move down there permanently. It's not going to happen. I can't see myself as a farmer, boatman, fisherman or the like and what else do you do for work in Devon? But the clean sea air and wonderful walks, runs, cycle rides are amazing. Hmmmm!! .......... What did we do? ....thanks for asking!! We did quite a bit of crabbing and caught loads of the little critters. We enjoyed Dartmouth castle, Greenway (the former home of Agatha Christie), beautiful villages like Dittisham and Stoke Gabriel, a lovely day at Coleton Fishacre, boat trips on the Dart, Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway (powered by water) and so much more. Actually I think they were the main highlights but anyway I throughly enjoyed myself and came back very well rested and relaxed.

1 comment: