18.10.09

Forthcoming Gigs

Off to see "The Unthanks" on wednesday night at the Junction in Cambridge with my lovely wife. It'll be quite a low key affair. It's in Junction 2 which is a really small all-seater venue. Very intimate. Well suited to a band such as the Unthanks with their lovely lilting folky voices. Not exactly a rock gig by any stretch. Anyway on friday night (Oct 23rd) I'm off to the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Once again with my lovely wife and this time to see Newton Faulkner. We saw him last year (or thereabouts) and it was a fantastic gig. Great atmosphere and Newton was fully engaging the crowd in his banter. Hopefully this year the gig will be equally fantastic. I'm not that familiar with his new album as yet but the wonderful Spotify App is helping me out there (see my previous post for more details!). From first listen there seems to be less genius guitar work and guitar body slapping cleverness. I'll report back after the gig to confirm that.

1 comment: