18.10.09

My Daughter's Amazing Poem

I have to post this as I'm just blown away by how good it is. My daughter wrote this poem inspired by a small sheltered cove\beach we went to on holiday in Devon. If you saw the place you would see how much this poem brings it to life. She had no help with this. Frankly I lack the talent to come up with anything half as good as this anyway. Here it is....

The Empty Beach

Far away, as if in my dreams,
there is a secret place I know
A mysterious place, a secret place
a sandy beach by a rocky face

A little cove, so far away,
that I visited on a sunny day
The sand was shiny with coloured stones
The boats so tiny on the sea's blue tones

The little cove, a happy beach
Where magic seems to be in reach
And when you have to leave it soon
It's night, stars light up and so does the moon


Did I say that she's only 10? It literally chokes me up when I read it. Such powerful emotions well up inside me. I'm a very proud Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment