11.7.09

Growing up Too Fast

Blimey there I was sitting having my breakfast this morning when my 10 year old daughter asked me if she could have a mobile phone as her friends all had them and it was embarrassing for her to admit to them that she didn't have one. Evidently they can be purchased from as little as £10 for a PAYG phone. She has been saving her money and said she would buy her own phone provided I said it was ok. Well put like that how could I refuse? So as we were going to town anyway we popped into Phones 4 U and picked up a nice little Nokia 1661 on Orange for £15. I added £10 credit for her. Hey I'm all heart! I was quite amazed at how good the phone is for so little money and my daughter is delighted with it. So I suppose all is well in the world. I just can't believe that my little 10 year old now has a mobile phone. It all seems so grown up to me and strangely makes me feel old. Oh well, as long as she's happy.

1 comment:

  1. We're in the same boat, with our eldest "needing" a mobile. Luckily she has a birthday coming up in less than a week and who knows, she may be lucky! The mobile phone thing doesn't make me feel as old as her preparing to go to secondary school......(the wrong one too at the moment although she's on a waiting list for the school we really want her to go to). Face it Dave, you and I are getting a bit older while somehow Rik is still in his mid twenties. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete