4.7.09

More Running & Some Cycling

I have to say that running in this baking heat is a totally different prospect. I'm finding it hard to run more than about 8.5 miles at present. I sweat so much when I'm out that I feel totally sapped of energy after about 6.5 miles and the last 2 miles are tough. I think my fitness is ok but my body needs better fuel whilst out running to combat the extreme sweating. Anyway it's still good to be out and about getting fit and de-stressing. Also been enjoying the new bike. It's great. I haven't had a bike with nice thin road tyres for many years and the difference from a mountain bike whilst chugging along the tarmac is noticeable. I can carry much better speed with less effort. Cycling to work has been a joy these past few days. Even the hot weather is not so bad because the breeze I get from travelling fast on the bike cools me down. I would definitely advocate a faster cadence in an easier gear to give longevity to your cycle rides and minimise lactic build up and "burn" in the legs. It's taken me years to realise it so hopefully I can save others the grief of years spent cycling around in your top gear wondering why your legs start to burn so quickly.

1 comment: