29.7.09

London to Cambridge Cycle Ride

On Sunday July 26th I took part in the London to Cambridge Cycle ride. Just under 60 miles of cycling all for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. A fine cause. I had to cycle 5 miles to get to the transport to take me and my bike to London. I then did the cycle ride and finally cycled home after the event. All told I did 68.5 miles in a little over 4 hours. That included 3 stops to put my chain back on. Aarrggh!! I was having gear changing issues. Anyway a great day. I've never cycled anything like that distance before but it was really enjoyable and I was pleased that my legs held up really well. I guess the difference between running and cycling is that you have spells on the bike where you can freewheel down hills and get your heart rate back under control ready for the next hill climb. I'm definitely up for doing it again next year and will also look out for other charity bike rides before then. I entered the race as part of a group of people from my work (although the event had nothing to do with my employment or my employer) and between us we raised just shy of £700.

No comments:

Post a Comment