20.3.10

Cambridge Park Run (Week 8)

This morning at 9am it was Week 8 of Cambridge Park Run. A 5K run around Milton Country Park in Cambridge (UK). I've only managed to complete 3 runs in 8 weeks due to my long list of running injuries. I still have tendonitis in my right Achilles tendon but I pushed that to the back of my mind today and set out for a PB. I started way too fast and completed the 1st mile in sub 7 mins. My heart rate was off the scale (it finally peaked at 194BPM). Keeping up the pace was impossible but I kept as much pace as I could manage and did get around in 22:53 which was my PB by 12 secs. The photo here shows my pained face as I pushed to the finish line. Luckily despite gasping for air, feeling dizzy and monitoring my high BPM I returned to feeling ok pretty quickly. It's so good to get back out running. I've been laid up for 2 weeks without running a single step and even prior to that I've been on "light duties" because of the tendonitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment