21.3.10

Sport Relief Mile 2010

At lunch time today I, along with my wife and kids headed down to Milton Country Park to participate in the Sport Relief Mile. The weather was fantastic. A great temperature for running and the sun shining. The park was full of people and the atmosphere was amazing. At exactly noon we set off. I was actually doing the 3 mile run (which turned out to be 3.3 miles according to my GPS). I got around in a good time finishing 3rd for the 3 milers in my time slot. The kids and my wife also completed their one mile in good time. It was great fun to be enjoying running whilst raising money for charity. 

I think the achievement that impressed me the most today was a young man, who presumably had cerebral palsy and would ordinarily be in a wheel chair, managed to walk the whole mile route aided by several helpers but nevertheless he took every step himself. It was inspirational and we gave him a big cheer and a huge round of applause as he finished the journey. What a fantastic person.

No comments:

Post a Comment