19.3.10

Headphones - Sennheiser PMX80

If you're like me sometimes you just want to run free and unencumbered by technology. No music, just the delights of nature. Birds singing, the breeze dancing through the trees, the steady thud, thud of your feet, your senses clear to drink in the joyful smell of nature and freedom. Absolute freedom and relaxation. There's nothing like it. It's why I run.

But sometimes I just feel like I do want to go out and run with some music playing. So I'll load up my iPod with some great tunes and hit the road. Now, this is where my first few ventures out with music didn't go as planned. Why? because my headphones were not giving me the pleasure I had hoped. Some reasons for this were:-

  • They were just too hot and sweaty after a few miles of running
  • They would stop working if too much sweat leaked into them
  • They kept vibrating themselves out of my ears
  • They blocked out too much external noise so I felt nervous when running near traffic
  • The sound quality was poor against my breathing and footfall
  • I kept snagging the cable with my arm and yanking the headphones out of my ears
So what to do? Luckily this is when I stumbled upon the Sennheiser PMX80's. A lovely lightweight pair of headphones. What's so good about them?
  • They look great
  • They fit perfectly
  • The do not move at all when I'm running
  • The cable only goes up to one ear instead of both so I can avoid snagging
  • The sound quality (for the price) is great
  • They're water\sweat resistant
I heartily recommend them to anyone who wants a good set of running headphones. My wife borrowed mine and liked them so much she asked me to buy her a pair, so I did. They're currently at Play.com for £17.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment